Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Terrazo Floor polishing

ralph wrote:

Hi
I have an Florida house built in the 1940's with Terrazo flooring but
has been covered with carpet. I am looking a taking off the carpet and
polishing the terrazzo. My question is, Home depot has the following
piece of equipment that I can rent. Can it be used to polish the
flooring and why type of pads do you recommend to use?

Thanks in advance

Floor Maintainer
CLARKE(R) AMERICAN SANDERS
Safety Requirements: Always wear eye and ear protection and breathing
mask. See operator's manual.

Versatile polisher uses a range of pads to scrub, scour and buff hard
surfaces
Sands decks with grit-brush attachment
Safety handle reduces operator fatigue
Dual independent micro-switches reduce down time
Non-marking, vinyl bumper protects walls and furniture

I know nothing about the machine. HD had a three-step
cleaner/sealer/polish for terazzo that we used. Blue scrubber with the
cleaner and lots of elbow grease, on hands and knees. Once cleaned and
rinsed, apply sealer. Then spread on two coats of the polish. Ours, 40
y/o, looked beautiful. Polish lasts a long time, about 2 yrs. Damp mop
occ. I gave away the original stuff, and have used other brands of
cleaner and polish, which work very well and are specific for terazzo.