Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
DanG DanG is offline

Default Terrazo Floor polishing

That is really a question that is subject to the color of the
matrix. Materials that work well:
ceramic tile grout
Durham's Rock Hard water putty
White Portland and fine sand

You might be able to randomly patch the holes with a small
assortment of colors so that the result is blended in the floor as
much as possible. Make sure to seal the entire floor once you get
it repaired and cleaned. A well polished terrazzo floor is
impressive.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"ralph" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 3:42 pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:31:40 -0800 (PST), ralph

wrote:

Hi
I have an Florida house built in the 1940's with Terrazo
flooring but
has been covered with carpet. I am looking a taking off the
carpet and
polishing the terrazzo. My question is, Home depot has the
following
piece of equipment that I can rent. Can it be used to polish
the
flooring and why type of pads do you recommend to use?

Thanks in advance

Can't answer the polish question. If this carpet has tack-strip
nailed
into the Terrazzo - you need to repair the nail holes before
polish.

Search - terrazzo maintenance.

What is a good materal to use to repair the tack strip holes ?