Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default How do I cut a Master boron alloy shackle padlock?

Dave Martindale wrote:
clifto writes:

Dremel also makes a fiberglas cutoff disc. Somewhat more expensive than
the thin quarter-sized ones in the tube, but they last a LOT longer and
work a LOT better. I've never had one fly into pieces yet, though it
doesn't seem impossible.

Those are also several times as thick as the thin Dremel ones, so it
will take longer to cut through whatever you're cutting (since the power
available from a Dremel tool is rather limited).

It sorta depends. I discovered them after wearing about 12 of the generic
discs down to nubs while hardly making a dent in the object I was trying
to cut. The fiberglas disc did the job in next to no time when you take
into account the time involved in changing discs, and the fact that each
generic disc was making next to no progress at all. The fiberglas disc
wore down to about half its starting diameter in the process of cutting
the object.

--
Angry American flags attack Hillary Clinton!