Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Huntron Tracker?

"Stephanie" wrote in message
obal.net...
How useful do y'all find the Huntron Tracker (ie, the 2000 model) in
diagnosing circuits? I have need to troubleshoot power circuits and I've
found that diagnosing triacs and such with power off is difficult.

Does the Tracker really make diagnosing such components easier?

Thanks.

While I've never used a Tracker, what's difficult about diagnosing triacs?
Usually when they fail they short. I often use my Cap Wizard to check for
shorted semis, it greatly reduces the effect of chokes and other semis from
interfering, though a good capacitor will appear as a short.