Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buys to let

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-11-17 18:19:02 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:38:49 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Talk to a brick wall Dave - you get more chance of a rational
answer.

Apart from the health risks, what about the discomfort caused to
non-smokers? And the smells that impregnate their clothing?

Nobody is saying that non-smokers should suffer any irritation,
discomfort or smell. The point is that smokers have the right to
enjoy a perfectly legal activity in venues where the owner so
decides. Smoking Pubs & Non Smoking Pubs. Simple concept innit?

You wouldn't go to a Smoking Pub, I wouldn't go to a Non Smoking Pub.
Everybodys happy.

But what of non smokers who would like to work in one of these smoking
pubs? They wouldn't be able to do it.

OTOH, a smoker wishing to work in a non smoking pub could do so quite
easily. That's somewhat inequitable....

Oh dear. I thought you believed in market forces Andy?

Assuming that 25% of the population smoke, roughly that percentage of pub
goers smoke, and therefore 25% of bar staff smoke.

So its safe to assume that 25% of pubs would allow smoking, so the 25% of
bar staff who smoke could work in those venues.

No brainer really - if you are prepared to allow free choice?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk