Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Musing about doing as I'm saying, not as I'm doing.

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:50:30 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote: Tough question, (clip) if the tools were marked that
cheap, (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mac, did you miss this line in the original post: " He had offered the
widow of a recently deceased woodturner $8.00 for his Glaser and Sorby
bowl gouges and she accepted." Not a touch call at all--the guy is a cheap,
dirty *******.

I have no doubt that you're right about the guys character, Leo..
I'm just saying that IF the tools were marked/offered for too low a price, I'd
ask if they were sure, but a lot of folks would just figure that it's a good
deal and gloat..
I've been called an idiot before for asking folks if they were really sure on
pricing something if it seemed too low.... Guess it's all those years selling
real estate..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing