Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default D1-4 spindle or $700?

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:26:09 -0500, Bill Schwab
wrote:
snip
I think that $90 (for the series 100) seems almost too cheap, but
they're made well, certainly many times more reliable than the HF model
from India that I bought and tried to use.
I have both styles of the P II series 100 posts, and the fit of the
holders is very good on both of 'em.

snip
If you don't need the split second changes of the Aloris style,
check out
http://www.krfcompany.com/

Make your own with a lathe and a faceplate + milling attachment.
Only part that may be hard to make is the "indexing" plate that
goes under the tool post, and you can buy this, make a simpler
one with some spot drilled holes, or just not use it.

for some we made in class see
http://mcduffee-associates.us/machining/QCTH.htm

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.