Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Plumber screwed up? Hot water out of the cold water taps

John wrote:
"oh" wrote in message
Small plumbing snag: occasionally there's a bit of hot water coming out of
my cold water taps: I open a tap, the water runs cold for a few seconds,
then suddenly hot for another few seconds, and then cold again.

My En-suite basin cold tap does this also. It is because both hot and cold
pipes are close together under the floor so the heat from the hot pipe heats
up a short section of cold pipe and therefore the water inside.

Yeah, ours is the same. And the 'profile' of hot-cold-hot-cold is
recognisably different in the winter when the central heating is on!

David