Posted to alt.home.repair
scubaal scubaal is offline

Default need to open philips vacumm cleaner (TCX 642)

trying to service a philips VC (TCX 642).
Need to open to clean the motor.
Cant find a way in
4 screws removed from inside bag location allow case to partially
split at hose end *but* it's still firmly attached at the other
end........
so.....there *must* be screws at the other (Wheel) end.
Any ideas? I have searched all over the damn thing for an hour and
cant find any obvious screws.
They could be under the power/cord buttons.....but if so how do they
come off so you can get at them?
Can anyone point me at a parts diagram for this thing?

(note - I'm in oz and local services agents wont touch it cos it's
european )

Thanks
Al