Charles A. Sherwood

Default grinding wheels for 10 inch baldor grinder

I just bought a nice used baldor 10 inch grinder (3PH). It came with some
well used 8 inch wheels. Looking for advice on what kind of grinding wheels
to put on it. I will use it mostly for grinding HSS toolbits.

I think this grinder came out of a school, so they may have put 8 inch
wheels on it just for economy or they may have desired a lower surface
speed. One person recommend a 10 inch wheel for roughing and an 8 inch wheel
for finishing.

When it comes to grinding wheels I belive it buying the right one the
first time. It does not pay to skimp.

thanks
chuck