Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alsplbg&htg@aol.com is offline

Default Cost to move Hot water tank

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:56:17 -0800 (PST), car crash
wrote:

I am going to finish my basement and in short I'm going to have to
move my hot water tank about 10 feet so I can finish that part of the
basement. How much should it cost me to have a plumber come in here
and move the hot water tank, disconnect th gas and the ABS pipe and
the electrical and all that and reconnect everything ? I'm in Ottawa,
Canada.
Thanks all.

That's going to cost you a fortune. You most likely do not have
enough money in your life savings to pay for this and you'll end in
debt for life. It would be cheaper and easier to leave the water
heater where it is, and move the house. But if you insist on moving
the heater, you better sit down for this............ prepare to spend
anywhere from $350,000 to $600,000. I'm a professional plumber and
this is the estimated cost for the labor. Parts will be extra, plus
you'll need a costly building permit.

Al's Plumbing & Heating