Posted to alt.home.repair

Default where to buy a dip tube?

On Nov 17, 5:56�pm, Eric wrote:
My water heater is one of those that had the defective dip tube. I havnt
pulled the old one out but I have the symptoms of a defective tube. I
looked on line and cant find a place that sells dip tubes. Any ideas where
to buy them? Are they sized to a particular tank model or is it sufficient
to just know its a 50 gallon gas fired heater tank thats xx high and yy
wide with a 3/4 water connection?
Thanks
Eric

tanks with dip tube troubles are now very aged.

so how do you know its bad? how old is your tank and what is it doing
wrong.

with a old tank your probably better off replacing it, new foam
insulated tanks are much more efficent too