Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost to move Hot water tank

On Nov 17, 7:56�pm, car crash wrote:
I am going to finish my basement and in short I'm going to have to
move my hot water tank about 10 feet so I can finish that part of the
basement. � How much should it cost me to have a plumber come in here
and move the hot water tank, disconnect th gas and the ABS pipe and
the electrical and all that and reconnect everything ? �I'm in Ottawa,
Canada.
Thanks all.

first how old is the tank? if its more than a few years old your
probably better off installing a new one. in the finished basement
will a leak do damage? all tanks leak sooner or later

Is the ABS the pressure release valve line or is this a direct vent
unit?

its going to be hard to estimate price, but add a drip pan to drain if
a leak will do damage