Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default How do I use a Split bolt ? (electrical)

you could, of course wire it the way you want, put in the big breaker and if
you ever get a hint of an inspection, put in a 30 amp breaker for the
inspection, then change back - nothing says you can't use oversized wire

"
Exception: Multioutlet branch circuits greater than 50 amperes
shall be permitted to supply nonlighting outlet loads
on industrial premises where conditions of maintenance
and supervision ensure that only qualified persons service
the equipment.
**************

Not my code, but I would have thought that one would have a reasonable
argument for an intelligent user of a home shop that is read up on the
codes
to be sufficiently qualified to be able to service and operate equipment
that
they have installed in that shop. Maybe not...

Mark Rand
RTFM

But even the most qualified user of a home shop would not make the typical
home shop an "industrial premise".