Posted to uk.d-i-y
ismangil[_2_] ismangil[_2_] is offline

Default Searching for a new boiler: Viessmann OK?

I need a new boiler.

Gotta be condensing nowadays, no choice on that. Don't want to change
from my current conventional open vent system. Current sizing of 18kW
is OK.

After reading the new boiler FAQ, reading through specs and so on...
the shortlist was down to Viessmann Vitodens 100 and Vaillant ecoTEC
Plus 418.

I am currently leaning on Viessmann due to smaller size and perceived
better build due to its 10 yrs heat exchanger warrany. I say perceived
because maybe all heat exchanger lasts this long anyway!

However, I realized that the Viessmann seems to be less "popular" than
Vaillant (which in turn is of course less popular than Baxi or
Worcester-Bosch.. but I digress).

In fact as listed on Viessmann.co.uk I can't find "installers" listed
in my area, although I'm sure in general most CORGI engineers will be
able to fit it just fine.

So, as a final sanity check, whatddya all think, do I opt for more
"pop" and go for the Vaillant or stick to my guns and specify
Viessmann to my local friendly installers?

--
Perry Ismangil