Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] media3d@bluebottle.com is offline

Default Magnavox Standby Transformer Testing

Hi
I am new to Google Groups and this is my first post.

I have a Magnavox RM8341 projection TV. The tv does not power up and I
believe the problem is with the standby power. The TV has a very small
dc standby transformer.

Its kind of hard to describe ,but it here it goes.

The primary has 5 pins.
The ground is in the middle (3rd pin).
On both sides of the ground there are a pair of pins being the power
input.

The secondary has 3 pins.
The ground is on the end of the transformer.
And the output are together.

My questions is exactly how do I test this transformer?

Can someone give me more specs on the transformer?

Here are two links for images of the transformer:
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7...650x600gw0.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4...800x544qe3.jpg.