Posted to sci.electronics.repair
MrManuals MrManuals is offline

Default Sony 42xbr900 ~~~PLEASE HELP~~~

We had a similar problem with our 43" Sony LCD. We found out that it
was a known problem with this model and were referred to a Sony site
which I can't find now, Anyhow call Sony at this number:
1-800-222-7669
Sony covered the full cost of the $1100 repair. Our TV was 1 year out
of warranty, but since it was a known problem, they covered it.

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 02:12:38 -0500, "JANA"
wrote:

The fault is in the main processor drivers, or the crosspoint pixel drivers
on the backside of the screen.

These sets are service using board swapping to test. Then the defective
boards that are replaced, are set up to properly match each other.

In the service procedure, it would be impossible to go through the TV set
without the proper factory test and diagnostics equipment. These TV sets are
extremely sophisticated.

More than likely your set will be too costly to service. If it is more than
5 year old, I have my doubts that Sony will even have parts availability.