Posted to sci.electronics.repair
fotoobscura fotoobscura is offline

Default Busted Compaq EVO N610C DC power connector.

Hi. I received (for free) a EVO N610C laptop with a totally hacked up
power connector. My guess is that it came loose and some guy thought
he'd get out a soldering iron and fix it. Well, that didn't work and
basically it appears all this person did we make the power connector
hole bigger by melting all the way around it.

Right now it doesn't work at all and I am guessing it may have
something to do with grounding or excess solder shorting something
out. I've sucked out the solder but still no workie.

I have no problems opening the laptop and trying to fix this (if
necessary) and am pretty handy with electronics. My guess is that
there is a grounding issue somewhere inside the connector housing. I
don't have a tech manual for this laptop so it's hard to tell what the
thing is supposed to look like.

I am posting to alt.binaries.test a close-up of the damage with the
topic "EVO N610C PIC"

All help much appreciated.