Default Induction Furnace Question

Hi Harold...

We finally wound up using 24 5000 watt dryer elements in series with the
motor, which limited the starting current to 100 amps at 440 volts... the
heaters radiate about 45,000 watts for about 30 seconds until the motor
comes up to speed then go dark. They are then switched out of the circuit.
Takes the chill out of the foundry right away! They are mounted overhead
for safety... think of a SERIOUS infrared heater mounted to the ceiling...

There is a talented high school student named Trevor that is doing most of
the hard work on this project. I am sure that he will be one of those
people that we'll say "I knew him when..."

Mark

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"M" mark@maxmachinedotcom wrote in message
The danger is not whether it is conductive or not; it is what happens

when
liquid hits molten steel!

Mark

P.S. Harold, we got my Inductotherm running a couple of months ago.

That's real good news, Mark! Glad to hear it.

I recall you had a problem with blowing fuses (or tripping breakers) and
were looking to try a soft start switch. Can you tell us how you

resolved
the problem?

Harold