Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Balanced flue gas fire installation

wrote:
I need to install a gas fire (outset balanced flue) where the maximum
specified flue given by the manufacturer is 660mm.The thickness of the
wall necessitates an extension of the flue by a further 200-230mm.What
effect, if any, would this extension have on the function and safety
of the unit?

You need to consult the manufacturer's installation instructions
(although it sounds like you already have!) they will very likely
contain info about this; if not contact their technical help line.

I had a similar issue with a boiler I had fitted recently; the
manufacturer provided a special flue extension kit which I bought
separately.

You certainly can't simply add bits on or extend flues willy-nilly.

David