Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default [Re-Visit] troubleshooting method for micro-controller board ?

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Arfa Daily wrote:

Apart from that, most variations of the 7805 are only rated to 1 amp

Not any more.

1.5A is the norm. Look at any up-to-date data sheet.

Graham

I wouldn't say it was "the norm". A quick look at Farnell's catalogue shows
at least as many 1 amp variations of the 7805, as 1.5 amp ones. Maplin,
probably the biggest supplier in the UK to the amateur market, as well as
having a professional supply division, doesn't even list any 1.5 amp
versions of the standard 78xx and 79xx series devices, although they do keep
a small range of 2 amp devices. I would also contend that any device older
than 5 years is pretty much certain to be only 1 amp rated, and Robb's
original fitted to a board from the 80s will definitely be.

Arfa

Arfa