Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default O/T: Credit Card v Debit Card

"FoggyTown" wrote:

So you have said, but not explained why.

Perhaps you missed this earlier post:

SFWIW, some interesting info this afternoon on the boob tube:

In the event your card # is stolen and used:

Debit card fraud must be reported within 48 hours to stay with in the
$50 liability.

Credit card fraud must be reported within 60 days to stay with in the
$50 liability.

There are other differences, but the above is enough for me not to
have a debit card.

Sounds like a pretty good con to me.

Again, SFWIW:

If you paper checking account # is stolen and your account is drained, the
bank has 3 days to open a new account and replace your money.

I had this happen, trust me it is a total PITA.

I said it once, I'll say it again, a debit card is a method by which the
bank limits it's liability by transferring liability to the card holder
under the guise of convenience.

I don't know what you call it, but where I come from, that's a con job at
work.

Lew