Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd Mike Dodd is offline

Default Plumb Center

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I've only ever used Plumb Center twice.

First time I wanted something around £6. Wouldn't take plastic under £10.

Cash not a problem, but the accounts are much easier using plastic - and
everybody else e.g. Wickes. B&Q, Homebase will take plastic for any amount.

Second visit for a bog standard (no pun intended) cistern siphon. £14 + !!!

B& Q rip off price £9:50, Wickes reasonable price £8:99, Screwfix bargain
price £4.

Last time I use Plumb Center.

Bit of a game of Russian Roulette, in my experience.

A lot of their stuff is good, and well priced, but when I threw in a
couple of flexible tap connectors (which I had just refused to pay £10
for at B&Q) I only noticed later on the receipt that they'd ripped me
for £28 (I was ordering quite a few things and didn't think too much of
the bill until I noticed the tap connectors).

Good place, good gear, but you have to watch some of their pricings very
carefully.