Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Default how to attach shower arm

On Nov 16, 9:42�pm, "Bob M." wrote:
I renovated the bathroom recently, and along with that comes replacing the
shower head arm (old one is the wrong color now)

The new one is about 9" long and has a slight bend in it, intended to aim
down. HOwever, when the thing is tightened in place, it's aiming down and to
the left. I need it to aim straight down. How do I get it to do that -and-
have it tight?

You may be able to just turn it (ie loosen) w/o having it leak or be
loose. Use second pipe wrench/pliers with a rag to hold the pipe it
attaches to- don't need to break anything. If it does become loose,
you'll have to remove and rewrap with teflon tape, then re-install.