David

Default Bedroom or boxroom?

Hi
Does anybody know what constitutes the minimum dimensions to define a
bedroom as such? I'm really talking about estate agent parlance -
they can't get away with describing something as a bedroom when it's
really a cupboard.

Are the rules different for new builds as compared to existing
properties? Reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of creating a
third bedroom in a property I'm buying by putting up a stud partition
and although personally I'm happy that the room will be big enough, I
don't want to get it wrong, especially when it comes to resale.

Thanks
David