Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary H[_2_] Gary H[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of satellite converter boxes.....

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:33:12 -0800 (PST), BobR
wrote:

[snip]

Yes, it is theft and all the denial in the world will not change it.

I am NOT "denying" anything. I just never accepted that garbage. It's
simply not the same thing as theft.

You are taking something that does not belong to you without
compensation to the person or persons who own the rights to the
product / service.

And NOT DEPRIVING THEM of something they had. That is what "theft" is.
If you believe otherwise, you could try to explain. If it's my money,
what the **** are they doing with it in the first place!

Those companies have invested huge sums of money
to provide that service and must pay to receive the content for
distribution. The only way they can continue to provide the service
is if people pay for that service.

True. Note that I IN NO WAY said it wasn't wrong as you seem to be
assuming.