Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tub Rust Like Stain

"John" wrote in message
I have a white steel tub that was brown, brown when we moved in recently.
Today I tried to get rid of the stain and was 80% effective just using
plain vinegar (4.2%). It just dissolved away so I assumed that a product
like CLR and Lime would finish the job. No such luck. Has anyone had
success with easily available products that will finish my job and get me
out of installing a new tub! Thanks.

Have you tried bleach? Fill the tub above the stain an pour some in, let
stand overnight.

There are also rust removes that work very well. If the bleach does not
work, try one before replacing the tub.