Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default PROPANE "WET LEG' HELP

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:32:34 -0600, "jusme" wrote:

Thanks for the info, Ivan.

Boy, the price of propane is $2.42 a gallon here in central Texas. That is
for 250+
For 100 gals., it is $2.45. Sure has shot up recently - like everything
else.'

j/b

I filled (2) 5 gallon RV propane bottles last night here in So Cal.
$3.05 a gallon

Gunner

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message

"jusme" wrote in message
Does anyone know what is involved (parts and all) to install what is
known as a 'wet-leg' on a 250 gallon propane tank? This allows one to
fill the 20 lb. + bottles.

The propane company wants $150.00 to install a hose sort of like a
gasoline station hose, I think.

Thanks

j/b

Jusme, when I ordered my 300 gallon tank I asked for a 'wet hose'. They
charged about a $100. (4 years ago). Works fine in the summer. I wait
until the sun shines on the big tank and then offer up the colder 20 lb.
bottle. I'm guessing that I get about an 80% fill. What also helps in my
case is that the hose is about 12 feet long, and, when I get about 10 feet
away the ground is about 1 foot lower. This difference (1 foot) plus the
fact that the bottom of the tank is about 1 foot off the ground, gives me
about 2 feet of head.
BTW, I did pick up a propane pump at a garage sale that is identical to
the ones at all the RV filling stations. To data I've had no reason to
try it out. Was considering converting one of my vehicles to propane in
which case I would need a pump. Have no idea if it works, paid only $5.

Ivan Vegvary