Posted to alt.home.repair
Liz Megerle Liz Megerle is offline

Default Gutter cleaning tip

The most difficult part of gutter cleaning for me is muscling the
extension ladder around. I use a very expensive, high-tech tool to
extend my reach to about 5 feet on each side.
It's a piece of curtain hanger, the kind for hanging a light weight
curtain about 2" from the wall. After emptying what's at arm's length,
I use the bent end to reach under the hangers and drag the mass of
leaves, acorns, and pine needles close enough to grab.
Then I leave it in the gutter with the end sticking out, which shows me
how far I can move the ladder.
Hope someone else finds this useful,
Liz