Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default SHOULD THE REGULAR POSTERS OF THIS GROUP MOVE?

In article , wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 04:12:33 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

Not a damn thing Google could do about it, even if they wanted to. They
don't own or run Usenet, they merely mirror it.

I still dont understand why they bought it.

"Bought it"? What on earth are you talking about? Google didn't "buy" Usenet.

Yes, they have their own
web based groups too, but why did they even touch usenet? All I can
figure is that their web version of usenet is where they make their
money from ads.

Well, duh.

Usenet used to be completely a separate entity from
the web,

It still is.

and being text based,

It still is.

it not only came before the web, but
was always much faster. It still is faster, but I imagine that they
will create some sort of method to place ads on the newsgroups soon.

"They" who?

--
Regards,