Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default SHOULD THE REGULAR POSTERS OF THIS GROUP MOVE?

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:04:43 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

Should not the huge thing called Google look after it as they put
there name on it it is becoming less fun to sort thru the crap

Goofiness sells.......anti-spamware, anti-virusware, anti-hackware,
protectyourchildware, etc. My version of windows is two versions behind
the newest. When it no longer handles the newest, fanciest, animated
advertising shoved down the tube at me, I'll just turn it off and go
back to reading stuff that has some value.

From what I've seen of vista, it has ads built right into the
operating system itself. I played around with store demos and that is
all I saw. In fact that is all the demos did, because it seemed that
nothing worked with out an internet connection.

I'm more than 2 version behind. I have XP on one computer and never
use it. I have win98 on this one and thats the one I like. Not only
that, but newer viruses dont mess with 98. I have to agree about the
fanciest ads, etc,,,, The latest seems to be flash player movie ads.
I'm on dialup, I sure the heck am not going to wait for all that junk
to load. I just block Flash completely. If a site dont load without
it, I dont need that site. I also keep sounds turned off unless I
want to hear something. I hate sites that suddenly blast out some
noise that nearly scares me off my chair.

Years ago, I created a few web pages. Just simple text with a few
pictures and a nice looking background image. Hi-tech meant adding a
few animated .GIF files, and soem scrolling text used sparcely. The
sites loaded quick, did not need lots of power and software, and they
got the message across just as well as all these bloated sites they
have now.

Of course there are still those nervous credit cards. You know, the
ones that shake back and forth (animated gif). I never understood the
point to that. But I do know if I started trembling that much when I
pulled out my credit card, I either have a stolen card, or I'm going
much too far into debt. Whoever made that animation really lacks
artistic creativity.....