Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default OK to use wet-dry vac to siphon gas?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:09:38 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

Evidently not. Who knew?

"A man using a vacuum cleaner to suck gasoline out of a vehicle was burned
and his house damaged when the fuel exploded, the Albuquerque Fire
Department said."

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/nov...house-damaged/

Good grief...... I would have never even thought of doing something so
stupid. I'm pretty sure those motors have brushes, and brushes mean
sparks. I dont even like using those little drill operated pumps that
you can buy anywhere for under $5. I have one, used it for water
several times, but for gas I'll stick to the old fashioned hand
operated squeeze bulb, and make sure not to smoke while doing it.