Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default Painting drywall

use drywall primer. (actually you can use any old flat latex) it's a lot
cheaper than your topcoat and will make it to where you don't need near as
much topcoat.

"big e lewis" wrote in message
I just had a garage built, and it is now insulated and drywall is hung.
I want a glossy white color, to help reflect the light, because I hate
working in dim conditions. Anyway, do I NEED to prime 1st, or can I just
paint it with the paint I want to show? The drywall is not finished,
screw heads are exposed, just the seams taped. I don't care about looks
or finish, as it is just a garage,I just want a gloss or semigloss look
paintwise. Any thoughts? Thanks, Earl