Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default TV signal Amplifiers . What do u look for when buying one ?

IbeDavid wrote:
Motorola has one thats 12 db. for $10 . Another brand is 20 db for
$18. Theres a bunch of specs on the back of both..but i have no idea
what they mean. When buying one, what do u want in one when price is
really secondary ? Looking for a clearer picture from distant tv
signals. Thanks .

Since you say "distant signals" I assume you are using a TV antenna, not
a cable.

I don't think you'll successfully remove much of the "snow" from distant
signals with an amplifier.

What they are good for is boosting up a cable signal which you are going
to then split into several long runs throughout a building.

Just my .02, but you might consider buying one in the right place,
trying it for a night, and returning it the next day for a refund if it
doesn't help any.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia