Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Sound Proofing Walls?

wrote in message
On Nov 15, 2:55?pm, wrote:
Hi, I live is a side by side Condo complex that doesn't have good sound
insulation between units. ?Is there any way to achieve around a 55-60
STC for the vertical walls between my unit and the other two without
having to replace the drywall with something like the QuietRock system?
? I looked at Fomo Foam but can't find any reviews of it and what kind
of STC it would provide me. ? Thanks, Danno

foam in place seals air movement which ultimately quiets things

There is still sound transmitted through the studs. The only way around
that is with the QuietRock or install an isolated wall.