Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default lighting question added

"big e lewis" wrote in message
The lights aren't up yet, I'm going to do those after the painting.
Well, I'M not, my father -in -law will be, because I broke my leg
working on this garage... Anyhoo, as a side question, how many/type of
lights would light this up "well"? I hate dim lighting, and want it nice
and bright. It is 26'wide x38'deep x12'tall, with a16'wide x10'tall
rollup door in the end ( 26' wall). Any thoughts are appreciated! Earl

For me I would be putting up zoned fluorescent lights (insulated so assuming
heated also) and a few incandescent, probably 1 in each corner about 4' from
each wall. I would have at least 4 to 6 fluorescents in between spaced out
along the length of the garage. I would also have some fluorescent lights
mounted on a wall for working in the engine compartment of your vehicle. I
would have the garage set up in at least 4 zones of light, plus the wall
mounted light on a separate switch. Your mileage may vary according to
personal taste.