Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Tub Rust Like Stain

"John" wrote in :

I have a white steel tub that was brown, brown when we moved in
recently. Today I tried to get rid of the stain and was 80% effective
just using plain vinegar (4.2%). It just dissolved away so I assumed
that a product like CLR and Lime would finish the job. No such luck.
Has anyone had success with easily available products that will finish
my job and get me out of installing a new tub! Thanks.

Could try Zud or Barkeep's Friend cleanser. I've seen it so some eyebrow
raising stuff to rust. At least if it doesn't work you have a lot of other
uses for it. Cheap anyway.