Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Sony 42xbr900 ~~~PLEASE HELP~~~

wrote in message
So heres the deal, I have called every repair shop and sales stores
and i am getting really sick of people shrugging their shoulders and
making a comment like "Have you tried turning off and then turning
back on your TV?"

The plasma tv is a 42xbr900. That is the unit that is about 4-5 years
old and requires a seperate sony media box.

Just off center to the left is a verticle bar about 3 in width. The
top half of the bar is white, the bottom half of the bar is black with
flashing green pixels. It does not matter which source I am on.

I can email a picture to anyone to see, unless someone knows how to
post a photo.

You can email me at

ANY IDEAS of what could be wrong and approximate cost? I am fairly
electronics saavy, let me know if this is something I can fix myself.

I'd fix it with a hammer. No joke, thats probably the only soloution.
These new technology TVs and monitors don't have much you can fix in them.

Mike