Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default O/T: Old Memories (tickets)

On Nov 15, 4:53 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"dpb" wrote:
While I don't have a link to an online copy of it, there was, in

fact, a
directive from Henry Stinson, FDR's Secretary of War, to the Red

Cross
requesting they establish facilities overseas open to _all_ Allied
forces, not just American.

The operative word is "requesting".

Clearly a case of no gonads on the part of the Red Cross by not
telling the gov't to mind it's own business.

Lew

I think during WWII, it was an unusual event when someone told the
Secretary of War to **** off. It was not considered a matter of
"gonads" but a matter of not lowering the morale of allies that had
already taken one helluva whacking without folding.