Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Rock on Tommy!

On 2007-11-15 19:05:54 +0000, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

In article 473c95d1@qaanaaq,
Andy Hall wrote:
Ah. Right. Something else I won't be watching, then. One licence fee is
more than enough.

Surely you don't think that media IP should be free?

Either paid for by subscription or licence or adverts. Not a combination.

But there's more than enough to watch on the 'free' channels so I've no
intention of paying any subscription.

Sadly, life isn't like that any more.

I think that the BBC News web site is good material for the most part.
However, access it from many places outside the UK and it's plastered
with commercials.

In Germany you can still fin Tagesschau from ARD which is of similar quality.

Beyond that, it's getting difficult.

Most broadcasting is by combined funding and reselling of content.
Even Auntie does that.