Alan Black

Default Induction Furnace Question

Harold,
Oh I know and agree, I bought the unit used and it seemed to have some scale
so I asked about using coolant instead of water. They said not to use
automotive coolant, I did not argue with the experts. This is my first
induction melting unit, I've been bumming time on someone else's 100KW
Pillar and am now forced to learn all about it. I had bought some IGBTs and
was ready to build a microcontroller based unit but I needed something that
I can get up and working in the short term.
BTW what does g mean?
Alan

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"Alan Black" wrote in message
m...
I asked the Inductotherm people about that, they say don't use

automotive
type antifreeze, but you can add ethylene glycol to the water in very

cold
areas.
Alan Black

Auto antifreeze is ethylene glycol. Something doesn't add up! g

Harold