Posted to alt.home.repair
Ultraglide Ultraglide is offline

Default Painting drywall

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
et...

"big e lewis" wrote in message
I just had a garage built, and it is now insulated and drywall is hung.
I want a glossy white color, to help reflect the light, because I hate
working in dim conditions. Anyway, do I NEED to prime 1st, or can I just
paint it with the paint I want to show? The drywall is not finished,
screw heads are exposed, just the seams taped. I don't care about looks
or finish, as it is just a garage,I just want a gloss or semigloss look
paintwise. Any thoughts? Thanks, Earl

Low gloss is a better finish for bright lights. Semi or hi gloss will
have very strong reflections and glare. No, you don't really need to
prime, but it will likely take several coats to cover good, even with a
flat or egg-shell finish.

Mike D.

If you want it brighter, just increase the lighting.