Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default SHOULD THE REGULAR POSTERS OF THIS GROUP MOVE?

In article
,
BobK207 wrote:

Does it do any good to "report as spam" offending messages or posters?

No. At least, I'm confident doing so is a wasted effort.

I have been on-line since 1989 and have been reported only once: Here.

Someone, obviously with an axe to grind, reported to my ISP that I was a
spammer. I had posted about a not-so-new "safe" tablesaw, including a link to
the maker's web site, and that was all it took.

I received a boilerplate warning from my ISP and that was the end of it.

Real spammers hijack servers and otherwise conceal their REAL identity so that
actually FINDING them, much less terminating their connectivity, is virtually
impossible. It's the wild west out here, for sure.
--

JR