Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Induction Furnace Question

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"steamer" wrote in message
--Seems to me you'd be better off making the cooling coil out of
stainless tube,

Oh dear me my oh no! Stainless is a very good resistor. We want the

heat
in the work, not the coil. G

Tim

Yep. The coil should have low resistance. It's not a heating element,
it's a winding in a transformer of sorts.

Harold

*Cooling* coil?

In a sense, yes. Because it lives in such a hot environment (the actual
melting portion of the furnace), it must be cooled. The coil is generally
buried in refractory, so it doesn't see the direct heat of melting, although
it is very close to it.

Harold