Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default OT - Anyone using Thunderbird with XP?

Filters work fine with Thunderbird and newsgroup feeds on XP. I read
this NG with a couple of the regulars filtered out. Filter structure is
not quite a sophisticated as I'd really like but catches most of the junk.

I'd reload, retry. Pretty staight forward. .

NoOne N Particular wrote:
I've been trying to establish filters for the newsgroups but I can't
seem to get them working at all. I have been trying to filter out all
that porn crap (for starters) by looking for certain words in the
subject and deleting the messages. Ain't happnin. I have enabled the
filter log several times but it keeps disabling itself too. The option
to run filters now is greyed out and of course doesn't work.

I am using the latest Thunderbird having just upgraded to 2.0.0.9. The
filters didn't work with 2.0.0.6 either. The Mozilla help and forums
haven't been much help either. Several things regarding mail, but
nothing for News.

Thanks,

Wayne