Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default NICEIC and minor electrical works question

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
Corgis can (should be) be certified..... to do the minor electrics
associated with heating systems.

Thing is that the electrics associated with a heating system is sometimes
anything but 'minor works' to make a workmanlike job of. Possibly the most
complicated part of the wiring in the average house. Not safety wise if
it's properly protected by an FCU, of course.

If however this is just a combi swap, and the programmer and thermostats are
already in place to meet the part L regs then I would not even want to issue
a minor works certificate for reconnecting a few wires. I would take a earth
loop reading at the boiler, advise the customer about any main or
supplementary bonding that needs doing and be done with it.

Adam