Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

Default Rock on Tommy!

"soup" wrote in message
.uk...
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Watched that Tommy's Ultimate Workshop tonight. I quite like the show.

Two example of table saws being used with no guard & no riving knife &

one
clip of a socket being installed - bare earth wire being connected

without
any green/yellow sieving.
You would think they would pay more attention to details like that.

TBH Quite often saws etc are shown without guards to allow viewers to
see what is going on. Norm (New Yankee Workshop)invariably uses a table
saw without a riving knife (is this not a "matter of opinion" and it is
only the uk market that has gone the pro knife route?). There is no
excuse for wiring things "badly".

I'm gonna show my ignorance here - what is the purpose of the Earth
sleeving? What does the bare wire need to be protected from? Or is it just
for identification?