Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Albert Albert is offline

Default How do I use a Split bolt ? (electrical)

Thanks everyone for your replies! I ended up using the split bolts
and some 3M Super 33 tape. I didn't feel like making another trip to
the home center for the splicing tape but will pick some up for next
time. I saw some terminal blocks at McMaster Carr but didn't think
they would fit in my junction boxes.

My shop is in an industrial building so I think I'll be ok with the
NEC with regards to multiple outlets in a greater than 50A circuit.
But I never knew this wasn't allowed in a home. Good to know.

I fully agree that my 208Y (120V relative to ground) isn't exactly
high voltage. But I like to pretend it is, and I'm still scared of
it.

I own a 2002 NEC handbook (ie. codebook plus lots of pictures and text
for laymen like me). It is good but I have a hard time searching
through it. That PDF is sure going to make keyword searches easy.
Thank you very much for posting the link. Regardless of whether
Phillips is right or not in putting that file on their web page, I
still saved a copy for my own use.

Thanks again!