Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default How do I use a Split bolt ? (electrical)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:29:00 +0000, Mark Rand
wrote:

Biggest problem I get is that some of the neighbours and some of the local
planning (zoning) officers think that my workshop looks a bit industrial. Must
be for business use, no one would have several lathes, surface grinder,
milling machines etc. if it wasn't for business, would they? This would lead
to expensive conflict with the council, fines and probable demolition of the
workshop.

As the chair of my town's volunteer zoning board of appeals, a matter
close to my heart. We're the folks who get to look like pricks when,
because of the very limited discretion we have in interpreting the
codes, we have to deny someone's perfectly reasonable request for a
variance or relief from a decision of the codes enforcement officer.

But your shop would probably pass muster here, even if it were a
commercial enterprise.

--
Ned Simmons