Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default NICEIC and minor electrical works question

Mike Harrison wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 03:13:35 -0800, wrote:

I had a replacement combi boiler and the new mains connection was done
by a non NICEIC registered electrician. In the "description of minor
works" box he wrote "Connect to new boiler from existing su/spur". My
question is: can non NICEIC electricians legally do this type of work?

Isn't anything downstream of a fused spur (like anything that plugs into a socket) outside the scope
of Prat P?
I ( as a competent but non registered/paid up/'officially' qualified person) have worked in
non-domestic environments where you would expect all the rules to be followed to the letter
(schools, lift machine rooms), and on several occasions the 'electricians' haven't expressed any
interest or concern about what I do beyond the fused spur they have installed and tested.

If you install fixed equipment then it still counts IIUC. However
business premises etc would not because Part P is domestic only...

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |